Tuesday, September 14, 2004

OLD WORLD CITY (2)

Beautiful, beautiful city and today is only the second cloudy one since I got here. And a warm (top floor), very central flat near the Parliament building and near work. So I've landed on my feet. The pay is, well, lamentable but a lot better than many professional Hungarians get. So, although I've had to tighten my belt, it's with a good grace. I may also be tightening it literally soon. Can't find all my usual ingredients, so I'm having to eat a bit less! So tempting to ditch my semi-veggie ways and have all the different sausages with the cheese and strange dark breads... it'd be easy peasy to eat that kind of Germanic breakfast every morning.

Things I'm looking forward to: "having a bath in a Cathedral" (the Gelert thermal baths) and playing chess in outdoor thermal baths on a cold winter day.

No comments: